December 25, 2008

i fell in love

Last night I fell in love... all over again. Last night my husband sang in church. I knew he had a solo... but I hadn't heard him practice... at all. And then the other night, finally, I heard his song. And, my heart swelled, and my eyes watered. The full richness of his voice and the song he sang... it was magnificent. I love his singing voice. Much like my daughter's, it seems to come from another place entirely... so unlike their speaking voices. I knew to pack my tissues... I would most likely need them... when I heard my love sing in the dimmly lit church... on Christmas Eve. The candles were flickering on the altar... tiny lights were twinkling behind the manger, like stars in the sky... and his voice was clear, and warm... it touched my heart. I am thankful for this man who shares his gift. I was not the only one with teary eyes...

2 comments :

Busy Bee Suz said...

Very sweet and special!
Merry Christmas friend!!!!
Hugs,
Suz

HappyWifeHappyLife said...

I bet that was really moving and amazing. :-)

Hope you and your family had a WONDERFUL Christmas! :-)

Back to Top